Pot Couponing 101
Since before your grandmother’s time, coupons have been a super way to stretch the family budget. That’s still true today for many day-to-day products like food, toiletries, and weed. Yes, weed coupons do exist and can make your marijuana budget go even farther than you ever thought possible. So where do you find coupons for marijuana and how do you use them. Check out this basic primer and start saving money on weed today!
Locations with dispensaries certainly have no shortage of them, and this can mean superior savings for the savvy marijuana consumer. Trust this starving writer, there are many ways to save money on marijuana by couponing, it only takes a moment to save enough money to buy more weed!
Let’s face it, most marijuana enthusiasts have a limited budget available to spend on their favorite cannabis indulgence, so the more money we can save, the more marijuana we can buy. I am no extreme coupon queen (or king) but I have been known to save a few dollars here and there. More than that really, I am proud to say that just last week I saved $45 at the grocery store and walked out paying only $40 for my $85 purchase – and with only a 10-minute time investment before my shopping trip. Shopping for pot is no different. Just a few moments of your time and a couple of great resources, and you too can be on your way to saving money and bringing home more awesomely delicious weed.
For first timers, couponing doesn’t just mean using those wonderful ink and paper coupons we know so well, couponing also refers to taking advantage of sales, specials, and other offers. Anything that offers you a way to save money can be used in couponing – all savings are fair game. Here are some of the best ways to save money and coupon for pot.
Many dispensaries offer different deals or daily specials each day of the week, so that everyone can get a new deal every day of the week. Most pot shops offer different specials each day and also have a set menu of deals on their website. For instance, Three Rivers Organics in Pueblo has these deals on their in-store menu in addition to the great coupon deals they have available at Cannasaver currently:
- Sunday – 15% off edibles
- Monday - $5 off a $30 or more purchase
- Tuesday – 10% off tinctures
- Wednesday - Managers choice 20% off
- Thursday – 20% off topicals
- Friday – Wax/concentrates 3 for $70
- Saturday - $1 pre-roll with $30 purchase
Many dispensaries like Three Rivers Organics in Pueblo, run similar weekly deals, there’s sure to be at least a couple in your neighborhood. Check your favorite dispensary, their website, or stop by CannaSaver and see all the best pot deals and coupons in your area every day. Note that as with most coupons, these special prices are usually pre-tax – so keep that in mind when counting your pennies.
Other pot shops offer great special deals daily, just at special times, or different deals each day These specials, and many other daily deals like them, can save up to 30% or more off your total cannabis purchase. Or if you prefer, get you up to 30% more weed.
How could we possibly write an article about couponing without mentioning coupons? We couldn’t. Because printed coupons, like the ones at Cannasaver were some of the first ways to save money on marijuana, and are still one of the best. Just search for the deal or product you are looking for and find dispensaries near you with the products you want at the prices you need to buy them at. Why pay full price for a gram of Kush or those infused chocolate candies, when you can almost always find it for a much better price, just a few miles or blocks away.
Printed coupons like the ones you find at Cannasaver are better than other ways to save for lots of reasons like:
- Print it and forget it – that is, don’t forget it. Printed coupons you can stick to the fridge are easier for forgetful stoners to take to the store and use than remembering to use an app.
- No Wi-Fi Needed – Don’t you hate it when you get to the store and can’t use your digital coupons because there’s no wi-fi? With printed coupons, that is never a problem.
- No Arguments – Hate arguing with the cashier because they say your product isn’t in the computer for that price? With printed coupons that doesn’t happen because printed coupons are …
- Printed in Black and White – As well as other colors. But the colors used isn’t what’s important. The important thing is that you have printed evidence of the offered deal in the unlikely case that there is a dispute about the coupon deal being offered.
- No Surprises – Have the specifics of the deal right in front of you, all the time – expiration date and quantity limits and any other requirements too (such as “medicinal only”). Using printed coupons like the ones you can print at Cannasaver, the only surprises you’ll get are the good kind – when you hear the final total of your next purchase at the pot shop.
- Great Savings Anytime – Take the worry out of coupon savings by storing your cannabis coupons in your wallet, purse, or backpack as soon as they roll out of the printer. By keeping them with your money and ID, you are sure to have the savings ready anytime you need to drop by the dispensary.
Daily deals and paper coupons are just a couple of the ways to save money on your cannabis purchases. Watch for more in our series on how to save money on marijuana on our blog. While you wait for our next informative post, check out the amazing savings on all things cannabis at Cannasaver.com.Countinue Reading