Halloween Edibles RecipesPosted by CANNASaver on Saturday, 01 October 2022 in Canna Blog - Latest News
Trick AND Treat! Halloween is almost upon us and the spooky season of fright and delights isn’t just for the kiddies.
For the holiday-loving adults, nothing says “Happy Halloween” while carving pumpkins, making a costume, and preparing for your haunted house of horrors; like cannabis-infused treats.
With the day of fright creeping just around the corner, we just had to conjure up some halloween edibles recipes for your up-and-coming Monster Mash.
So, do you have what your party guests will be “carving” for?
If you want to do Halloween right this year and truly make it something special, let us show you the edible making process and set you up with some Halloween edible recipes.
Making Halloween Edibles
Marijuana edibles are some of the most potent means of ingesting cannabis, and quite the adult party favor at any Halloween Party! Just make sure your guests are well informed and prepared. For connoisseurs, they can be a real hoot. But for newer consumers, it can be a little intense.
Step 1: Cannabutter
Cannabis butter, also known as cannabutter, is a primary ingredient when infusing edibles. Most edibles on the market use some form of cannabutter which produces the high that most people want.
Cannabutter is the beginning point of your edible making journey. You're going to need a lot of flower for this step, so save on an ounce of weed to start your process.
When making cannabutter:
- Use high quality cannabis as a plus
- Use fatty, high quality butter (avoid using fat-free butter or margarine)
- Grind your cannabis (Not too fine)
Shopping List For Cannabutter
- 1 ounce shake (make sure to grind and decarboxylate)
- 4 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of water
- A non-sticking baking sheet
- Cheesecloth (or coffee maker)
- Airtight glass jar
- A big pot
When you are making your batch of cannabutter, it is recommended that you use a 1:1 ratio of marijuana flower to butter. If this ends up being too much for you and want milder effects just use less marijuana.
Your Basic Instructions For Making Cannabutter
- Grind All Your Flower Up: Use a grinder or your hands to break down the flower to have an even consistency. You don’t want a fine powder in the end.
- Decarb Your Buds: Start by Preheating your oven to 245ºF. Use a baking sheet and put loose, ground buds on it. Let it heat for 30-40 minutes. Every 10-15 minutes, stir the flowers slowly to expose all the flower buds to heat.
- Let Your Butter Melt: Put your stove on a low heat. Melt your 4 sticks of butter in a saucepan or slow cooker. Add 2 cups of water, this helps to regulate temperature.Add Your Cannabis Into The Mix: When the butter finishes melting, feel free to then add the decarbed marijuana.
- Let Your Mixture Simmer: Set the stove between 160-200ºF, let your mixture simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours. Don’t go any higher than 200ºF or you risk burning off precious cannabinoids from the mixture. Never let it come to a full boil.
- Strain Your Mixture: Put your cheesecloth over the jar. Then pour your cannabutter mixture through the cloth. You can throw away any plant material left behind.
- Refrigerate Your Final Product: The last step, put the jar of butter in your fridge. Allow the butter to solidify before cooking with it. Usually just overnight.
Delicious Halloween Edible Recipes
Okay, now you've made cannabutter, now comes the fun part – BAKING! ....FOOD, we mean!
Death By Chocolate Cupcakes
The Shopping List:
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- chocolate pudding mix
- chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 11 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Oreo cookies
Your Basic Instructions:
- Pour dry ingredients (pudding mix, cake mix, etc.) into your bowl. Then add eggs, cannabis oil, and sour cream. Set your mixer on low and mix. Blend until the batter is thick.
- Use an ice-cream spoon and fill the cupcake molds until they are a little more than 1/2 full. Bake the cupcakes for 15 or so minutes. Let them cool afterward.
- For frosting to top off your cupcakes, chop up 11 oz. of dark chocolate and melt the chocolate in your microwave. Let cool for a few and then stir in some sour cream. Spread the frosting on each of the cupcakes.
- Crush up Oreos and top each cupcake with a dusting of cookie crumbs. Giving a dirt appearance.
The Hangman’s Nerds Rope
- Large sheet of parchment paper
- ¼ cup cannabutter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 oz. lime Jello or 4 sheets of Gelatin
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp sunflower lecithin
Your Basic Instructions
- Add your gelatin to a 1/4 cup of water. Set this aside to let it soften. You can skip this part if you are using Jello.
- Add corn syrup (¼ cup) into 1/2 cup water then add to medium pot.
- Add the lime jello to the mixture and then heat to medium temperature until the mixture hits a boil.
- Turn heat down to low, and allow the mixture to simmer
- Stir in sunflower lecithin and slowly stir the gelatin mixture (set aside) into the mix. Allow it to dissolve while the rest simmers.
- Add your cannabutter then mix it in well.
- Pour the mixture into a rope-like mold and you’ve got yourself some Nerds rope you can get high from.
Caramel and Chocolate Covered Apples
- 1 bag of caramels
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 cannabis-infused milk chocolate
- Parchment paper
Your Basic Instructions
- Line a cookie sheet with your parchment paper.
- Cook the bag of caramels with your milk in a large saucepan on a medium to low temperature until all the caramels are fully melty and the mixture has a smoothness. Stir frequently.
- Remove the mixture from the stove for 5 minutes to cool.
- Take the apples and skewer them. Then dip each one into the caramel.
- Refrigerate the apples until the caramel hardens.
- Take the apples out of the fridge and place your chocolate chips and your cannabis-infused chocolate bar in a bowl. Heat the chocolate for 30 seconds intervals while stirred in-between.
- Take the apples and dip each into the melted chocolate. Let them cool off for a few.
- Enjoy! A quick and easy edible just right for Halloween.