It’s not a crock if you want to learn how to make cannabutter with your pot. Why not? Some infused butter can instantly turn your favorite foods into excellent edibles.
How hard is it to make a batch of stoner spread? Not very – in fact, we’ll give you the recipe. Not sure of the supplies needed? We’ll make sure you know what to get.
We will cover decarbing your weed. A necessary step to activate the leaf so that eating it gets you buzzed.
Significantly, we’re going to focus on using a slow cooker to make cannabutter. It’s one of the best ways to cook yourself up some bud butter. Though, you can also use a coffee maker.
Finally, we’ll show you how to get good deals on all the ingredients you will need. Sound good? Let’s get into it.
As noted, if you munch some raw cannabis, it won’t do much for you. That’s because it must be decarbed. That means being heated for a period of time.
THC and CBD in fresh plants are actually THCA and CBDA. They cannot pass through the blood-brain barrier to activate your cannabinoid receptors. Those receptors are how your body utilizes cannabinoids.
Cellular receptors are key to the endocannabinoid system. The ECS regulates important body functions like pain, immunity, appetite, sleep, and mood. Body cells have CB1 and CB2 ports that cannabinoids either hook onto or block.
Decarboxylation changes the chemical structure of cannabinoids. Then they can be absorbed by your body.
To decarb, raw plant matter is spread out on a cookie sheet. Then your oven is heated to 200-245°F. Buds are then baked at 220°F for about 25-40 minutes, depending on temperature. It is now ready for consumption.
Many cannabutter recipes recommend using a conventional convection oven to heat ganja first. But you can also decarb in a crockpot prior to adding the butter.
You would place the weed you want to use in a Mason jar. Then add water to the ceramic pot until it’s half full. Place the jar inside and cover. Set the device on high and let simmer for 4 hours.
Okay, once your flower is ready, what else do you need?
It's time to gather supplies.
1) For ingredients, you will want:
• An ounce of cannabis – decarbed. Think about the effects you want. If you want a bedtime snack, then select an indica. If you want something to boost you through the day, then choose a sativa. Or for balanced benefits, a hybrid strain may be best.
• A pound of salted or unsalted butter – your choice. Some people restrict sodium for lowering blood pressure. It will work with either kind of butter.
• And you will want a cup of water. Your options are bottled distilled water or plain tap water. Again, your option. Either will do.
2) Now, what about equipment?
• Obviously, you’re gonna need a crock pot or multifunction cooker.
• And you’ll need a trusty herb grinder to mulch up your marijuana. You want your cannabis chopped. That way water can surround the pieces and percolate off those all-important cannabinoids.
• Find yourself one of those metal kitchen strainers or a colander bowl.
• In the bowl, you want some cheesecloth or cloth fabric. This will further filter out particulates when pouring weedy water into the strainer. Coffee filters or pantyhose also work well for this.
• Lastly, you’ll want a plastic tub or glass jar to store your magic margarine in.
So, once you have everything you need, what’s the process that results in pot spread?
If you’ve ever cooked anything by following a recipe, you know that it’s a step-by-step procedure. We’ll walk you through the routine.
Now, you can use the cannabutter in any recipe that you’d use regular butter in. Or just eat it plain. It’s your life, you be you.
Sure, you’ve got your recipe, but before you go let’s see how you can save on the special ingredient – weed.
If you want to save on butter and cheesecloth, your local supermarket is the place to go. What about the raw marijuana? If you want to save on cannabis at your local dispensary, well that’s why Cannasaver is here. It’s literally in our name.
Simply type whatever weedy thing you want to find into the top, left search box. It will pop up relevant results to peruse.
There are also drop-down menus to the right of the search bar. These cannabis categories can lead you to bud bargains.
These are the ways you can find deals on the leaf ingredient for your cannabutter.
Let’s get you started.
Here are a few deals to consider. Now, go forth and seek some funky flower for your magic marijuana margarine.
$44.30 Top Shelf Indoor Popcorn Ounce